Halifax Biomedical’s mission is to protect patients’ health and improve clinical outcomes by providing quality clinical research services and advanced research products. To accomplish this, Halifax Biomedical seeks bright, energetic, motivated individuals dedicated to building premier, technology driven clinical research services and a research products company. HBI is located in an idyllic rural coastal setting in Mabou, Nova Scotia. Mabou and the surrounding areas have a rich cultural history, with strong community values. Mabou offers a host of recreational and cultural opportunities and has high quality educational and hospital/medical facilities nearby. HBI settled in Mabou to enable its employees to enjoy a safe and affordable setting while providing challenging and rewarding career in a continuous learning environment.
HBI provides its employees a comprehensive and competitive total compensation package that includes:
- Competitive Salary
- An Employee Share Option Program
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Group Life Insurance
- Short and Long-term Disability
- Four weeks paid Vacation including company closure between Christmas and New Year’s Day
- 11 Paid Holidays per year
CURRENT CAREER OPPORTUNITIES:
HBI is a unique medical technology company located on the western coast of beautiful Cape Breton Island. Our mission is to help improve surgical outcomes for hip- and knee-replacement patients worldwide through innovative scientific measurements. We are currently seeking applications for a Bookkeeper/Administrative Assistant to work in our dynamic office environment.
VP SPINE DIAGNOSTICS:
- PhD in Biomedical Engineering, with a focus on dynamic stereo x-ray imaging. An undergraduate degree in Electrical Engineering is considered an asset.
- 10+ years progressive experience in biomedical engineering and management, specializing in medical imaging research (particularly stereo x-ray) and product development. The incumbent will be experienced in medical imaging, stereo radiography, radiation physics, image analysis, advanced mathematics, and have advanced computer programming skills.
- Willing to relocate to Montreal, Canada
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities of the Spine Diagnostics Business Unit, specializing in orthopaedic applications using stereo radiography.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of strategy, policies, standards and procedures of the Spine Diagnostics Unit, intellectual property protection and management, as well as clinical and regulatory affairs.
- Responsible for the design and successful operation of dynamic stereo x-ray imaging systems, for the purposes of assessing spine pre-op instability and post-op fusion.
- Design and implement a dynamic RSA imaging system for clinical trials.
- Design, construct, and test the electronic control systems for the RSA imaging system.
- Develop, implement and manage the clinical trials; responsible for the analysis of the clinical trial data.
- Oversee the analysis of data and information reporting.
- Responsible for image processing software development.
- Design and develop a web based patient reporting system.
- Prioritize, assign, co-ordinate and review projects and programs.
- Establish and implement policies and procedures for budgetary control.
- Negotiate and manage contracts related to Spine projects.
- Hire, train, direct and motivate staff, and oversee development of and maintenance of staff competence in required areas.
- Prepare and present to a variety of stakeholders and strengthen and secure strategic partnerships.
- Liaison with government funding agencies for Spine Diagnostic projects.
- Plan, organize, design and develop new applications of stereo radiography, other spine related technology, and its use in clinical diagnostics in orthopaedics.
This is a full-time permanent position based in Montreal, QC. Please submit your CV to email@example.com .
BOOKKEEPER / ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
The successful applicant will have a post-secondary education in the Business Administration or Accounting field, or a minimum of five years experience as a Bookkeeper. They will have a sound knowledge of current bookkeeping and accounting principles and practices. Experience using Quickbooks Enterprise is considered a valuable asset.
The Bookkeeper/Administrative Assistant will be responsible for full cycle bookkeeping (data entry, processing, payments, filing and reconciliations) in the areas of: general accounting, purchasing, payroll, accounts receivable, accounts payable, invoicing, etc.
Administrative functions include general office administration, as well as submitting funding claims, sales tax filings, and other government reports. Familiarity with Canadian regulations for payroll and sales tax is considered an asset. The successful candidate must be flexible and willing to learn rules and regulations from other countries (USA, Europe, Australia).
The Bookkeeper/ Administrative Assistant will be an integral part of the Administration/Finance team, and will use their knowledge of accounting principles to create reports and to communicate clearly with management. They will also interact with external accountants, auditors, suppliers, customers, and government officials. Good telephone skills are important, as well as excellent organizational skills and a positive attitude.
Initially this will be a contract position for a six-month term, with the possibility of extension based on performance. This position is based at our headquarters in Mabou, Nova Scotia.
Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all those who apply; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in an opportunity with HBI. Please check back regularly.